Hello, Monday morning! So far, the day is starting out with rain and more rain. Just the opposite of this weekend.
Friday night, Matt surprised me and got home early. The coaches cancelled the 7 PM-9 PM practice, so Matt was home by 7, a good 4 hours earlier than any other day last week. We grabbed dinner at a Mexican restaurant after wandering around for about an hour. Mexican is always our go to and we decided to try a new place this time. We were sorely disappointed for a number of reasons. First, if we wanted to sit outside on the patio, we had to have cash. A cash-only patio??? But don't worry - they had an ATM inside. So, we just settled with eating inside because who carries cash around anymore?? At this point, we should have known things were going to get weird.
Second, the waitress was just odd. After I ordered, apparently I did not give her the menu back quick enough because she yelled at me to give it back to her. Do people often steal the menus there or did I just look like I was going to skip out with it? Because I think she was convinced I was not going to give it back to her. Then, moments later, she brings out two small cups of something. Initially, I thought it was the red sauce that they put on your enchilladas and she was just bringing it out to us so we could put it on our meals. But then she said "soup on the house." Matt and I looked at each other, looked around the restaurant and noticed that nobody else had a cup of "soup on the house." We examined the soup and it looked like spaghetti noodles in chef-boy-rd sauce. I am not sure what we were thinking, but we must have been starving, because we ate it anyway. Then we got paranoid that the waiters and waitresses were laughing at us because we actually ate the "soup." About 5 minutes later, we saw our waitress bring out the same thing to another couple. We couldn't decide if we should warn them or not. We decided if we were going down, we were going to bring others down with us. Classy, I know.
Third, the food took FOREVER to come out. No way is that typical service at a Mexican restaurant. Usually, you can't even get through the basket of chips before the food arrives. Not here. The two of us went through almost three basket of chips before the food got to us. So needless to say, we will NOT be going back there. We did wake up the next morning thankful that the "soup" didn't kill us.
Saturday was sunny and 78 degrees all day. So, I decided to make my way down to the beach for the day. Matt and Andy went into work to get a workout in and then do something with the ipads that the coaching staff got last week. Something about updating new software. So, they met me down there later in the afternoon. I did learn that I am QUEEN of the awkward sunburn. I put on suntan lotion three different times while I was down there. I was so proud of myself because I knew I was going to get a tan but without the burn. Long story short, I look like a lobster and I have band-aid tan lines on my feet. It looks really good.
But the beach made for some unbelievable people watching. I cannot even describe the sights out there. One involved an inappropriately PDA young couple down at the water. They looked like they were shooting a scene for a terribly cheesy music video. I believe at one point the girl went running through the "crashing waves" and jumped into her boyfriend's arms. True story.
That night, we ended up going out to one of our corner bars to watch the Gold Cup soccer game. Andy made friends with the pretty bar tender and kept buying her shots every time USA scored. After the second USA goal, the bar tended looked at us an told us that if Mexico scores, the kitchen would go crazy. Andy refused to order any kind of Mexican food on the menu then accidently proceeded to eat the jalapeno spread that was on his panini. When USA blew the game after being up 2-0, we took off to our other corner bar and things just got ugly from there. Great night :)
Sunday, Matt and I were hurting a little bit and even though it was a gorgeous day, we ended up on the couch for the entirety of it. For a couple of weeks, Andy had been trying to get us to watch True Blood on HBO. I am not normally into those types of shows. However, 9 episodes later, I have to admit, it is kind of addicting. A little graphic at times which is probably the reason why all of my dreams last night involved True Blood characters.
The only thing I wish we would have done yesterday was walk down to the Gay Pride parade that took place about 10 minutes from here. We saw people setting up for it on Friday night and I really wanted to check it out. However, the couch and True Blood was just too powerful for us after a night like Saturday. I really believe we missed out on something unbelievable though. I WILL be there next year.
Next weekend: Food Festival downtown!
I hope everyone had a great weekend! Its that time of day again for me to get back on the job search. Fingers crossed!
No comments:
Post a Comment